a Someone should care, maybe not you....: Why? .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Someone should care, maybe not you....

My thoughts on many things including the army, war, politics, the military corrections system, chaos, life, books, movies, and why there is no blue food. Feel free to comment on what I say. Feedback is nice.

My Photo
Name:

40+ year old former teacher, linguist, interrogator, soldier, and lastly convict. We all do stupid things every once and awhile. I am an economic conservative and a firm believer in civil rights. Starting a new life now and frankly not sure what I am going to be doing.

07 March 2006

Why?

Ok, what makes the Katrina evacuees special?
I was listening to the radio again and heard a group of people complaining that there are not plans to set up satellite voting centers all across the US so the Katrina victims can vote in an upcoming election "in person". Apparently expecting them to do like everyone else in the country who is displaced, namely absentee ballots, will disenfranchise them.
Why? What the hell makes them special? I mean not even soldiers get special satellite voting centers. If you want to vote and you aren't at home you have to do an absentee ballot. Why are the Katrina evacuees special? Answer, they aren't. If they can't fill out the form to get an absentee ballot then TOUGH LUCK!.


If you think I am wrong tell me why.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people seem to have trouble telling the difference between suffering a natural disaster and winning the lottery.

10:20 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

That is a possibility but I think it is more that some people can't seem to get it in their head that suffering a natural disaster doesn't qualify them for special attention. Which I suppose is about the same thing.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Heck, the Dem's need a new scandle. I think your absolutly right.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

03 20 06

EXMI: You have to have an address to get an absentee ballot yes? How many of the evacuees have addresses? I honestly don't know that. Nor do I know if an absentee ballot can be delivered via a PO Box. However, if a person hasn't a mailing address, then they are screwed. But if a PO Box can be used, then this is simply a bs fabrication. Know what I am trying to say? Good question btw.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home